NAMM 2018: Waves Audio Announce Scheps Omni Channel
Grammy award-winning Andrew Scheps has teamed up with Waves Audio to bring the Scheps Omni Channel plugin to a DAW near you. Here’s Waves with the full story… The NAMM Show, Anaheim, California, January 25, 2018— Waves Audio (booth 15301), a leading provider of processing solutions, announces the Scheps Omni Channel plugin. Designed with GRAMMY®-winning […]
Get MusicTech breaking news as it happens by following us on Telegram: https://t.me/MusicTechOfficial
Grammy award-winning Andrew Scheps has teamed up with Waves Audio to bring the Scheps Omni Channel plugin to a DAW near you. Here’s Waves with the full story…
The NAMM Show, Anaheim, California, January 25, 2018— Waves Audio (booth 15301), a leading provider of processing solutions, announces the Scheps Omni Channel plugin. Designed with GRAMMY®-winning mixer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Jay-Z, Metallica), this flexible channel strip delivers Andrew’s time-tested combinations of compression, EQ, saturation colors and more – all crafted to work together seamlessly and cohesively.
Mixers choosing which channel strip to work with often face a dilemma: Channel strip plugins based on vintage mixing consoles can sound amazing but tend to tie you down to a very specific and limited sonic color. Modular channel strip plugins let you mix and match diverse processors with flexibility, but the different processors might not work together cohesively and won’t necessarily interact as a true channel strip.
Scheps Omni Channel gives you the best of both worlds. Through years of mixing diverse music genres, Andrew Scheps has perfected certain combinations of go-to processors – some based on classic hardware units, some being innovative modules developed from scratch – each with its own unique character. They are all now provided to you in one flexible yet fully cohesive channel strip plugin.
Scheps Omni Channel features six modules that you can use in any order you like:
- The Pre-module provides three types of analog saturation, letting you add diverse colors of harmonic distortion as well as filters and thump (resonance) controls.
- The Compression module features three completely different compressors ranging from fast to slow and smooth, with a unified control set so you can quickly compare them. A Wet/Dry control allows you to parallel compress within the module.
- The EQ module is a four-band equalizer; each band providing a distinct musical sound that holds up on its own or can be switched to fully parametric if surgical EQ is required.
- The DS2 module is so much more than a de-esser, with two full-range bands and four filter types allowing it to “de-anything” – remove any offending frequencies on any source, not just S’s or T’s.
- The Gate module gives you all the standard controls (threshold, attack and release) for gating/expansion, but also lets you adjust the maximum noise reduction to maintain a consistent noise floor.
- The Scheps Omni Channel also features an insert slot that can be positioned anywhere in the chain, where you can insert an additional Waves plugin of your choice, including an extra instance of any of the Scheps Omni Channel modules.
For live sound, Scheps Omni Channel offers zero latency and fullest discrete control over each stereo channel. Select controls of the compressor, EQ and filters are mapped conveniently to the eMotion LV1 live mixing console, serving as the console’s channel strip.
A set of Andrew Scheps’ “Focus” presets, created for different sources, highlights the most important controls you should be focusing on to achieve your current task. Also included are presets from top mix engineers, including Tony Visconti, Dave Darlington, Brad Divens, Billy Bush, Jacquire King, Ken “Pooch” Van Druten and Eddie “El Brujo” Caipo.
No matter what musical genre you are working with, the Scheps Omni Channel plugin enables you to quickly audition sonic flavors, helping you stay focused while you mix.
Waves Audio Scheps Omni Channel features:
- Designed with GRAMMY-winning mixer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Jay-Z, Metallica)
- Flexible channel strip plugin based on Andrew’s tried and tested processing combinations
- Pre, compression, EQ and gating modules, each with diverse options for sonic flexibility
- DS² module with 2 full-range bands and 4 filter types
- Insert slot: Load an additional Waves plugin anywhere in the channel strip
- Drag and drop any module anywhere in the channel strip
- Internal MS/Duo/Stereo routing per module
- Stereo component provides full discrete control over each channel
- Flexible shaping of internal or external sidechain input
- Zero latency
Pricing and Availability:
Scheps Omni Channel is available now for the introductory price of $49 (usually $149). For more information head to the product page.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe