Nektar Panorama Series adds Logic Update
Nektar have updated a new upgrade tot heir Panorama series of controller keyboards that make them the most comprehensive Logic controller ever seen. Read on for the specs… Press Release Nektar Technology, Inc./ California, September 7th, 2015 (ictw) – Nektar are proud to announce a substantial upgrade to Panorama P1, P4 and P6 controller […]
Nektar have updated a new upgrade tot heir Panorama series of controller keyboards that make them the most comprehensive Logic controller ever seen. Read on for the specs…
Nektar Technology, Inc./ California, September 7th, 2015 (ictw) – Nektar are proud to announce a substantial upgrade to Panorama P1, P4 and P6 controller integration with Logic 9 and Logic Pro X. This upgrade makes Panorama the most comprehensive Logic controller on the market with integration over the entire DAW including mixer, insert plugins, instruments and project navigation.
With Panorama already offering the most extensive Logic mixer control available, the addition of Instrument and Transport modes now means unparalleled hands-on control and flexibility. Instrument mode enables the entire Panorama control surface to be focused on controlling instrument plugins. Logic’s built-in instruments are all pre-mapped for immediate control including ES1 & ES2 synths, Vintage Electric Piano, Vintage B3 Organ, EXS24 sampler…. Yes all of them, up to and including Alchemy, recently added in Logic Pro 10.2.
The mapping follows the long-standing Panorama principle of grouping parameters in labeled pages so it is a breeze to select a page from the popup menu and start controlling the assigned parameters immediately. Panorama “sees” every automatable parameter directly from Logic via Logic’s control API which is why Panorama can transparently map Logic plugins, while other products can’t.
Plugin control of course also includes AU plugins. AU instruments can be mapped across 37 real-time controls at any one time and with page navigation of an additional 24 encoder pages, each mapping 12 parameters. That means up to 325 instrument parameters are within reach, at any time.
The included plugin mapping editor makes editing the control assignments easy. Using a simple select and click approach, the job is done in seconds. Map files then can be shared across the user community via a linked cloud environment.
Panorama’s Transport mode delivers all the tools for bringing composition and creativity together. Setting punch in/out and locator points is easily done with dedicated, individual controls or just by moving them proportionate together, in one movement. With additional control over Logic’s play head, scrub, quantize value and an option to use the pads (P4 and P6 only) for marker 1-8 select, set and delete, it’s possible to capture ideas quicker than ever before and even build a complete track, without using the mouse.
Pricing and availability
Panorama’s deep integration for Logic Pro X is available now following the registration of a Panorama purchase and is a free update for existing owners of Panorama P1, P4 and P6.
– Dedicated control surface integration developed for Logic 9 and Logic Pro X
– Complete DAW and plugin control with 3 main modes – Mixer, Instrument & Transport
– Logic’s built-in Instruments all pre-mapped in Instrument mode
– Control AU plugins and customize mapping
– Navigate Logic projects from Transport mode complete with vital location information
– Mixer mode with channel strip control including EQ, Sends, Inserts and Smart Controls
– Browse channel settings
– Customize mapping for any Logic shortcut via the QWERTY Macro editor
– Rewire control – switch Panorama’s focus between Logic and a rewired slave application
– Instrument Mode
– 37 real-time controls for instrument parameters at any time with up to 325 parameters mapped per instrument
– Logic’s built-in instruments all pre-mapped with menu pages clearly labeled for quick and easy navigation
– Automatic instant mapping of all AU plugins with parameter order as delivered by the plugin
– Panorama Plist Editor included for customizing mapping of AU plugins and Logic’s built-in plugins
– Cloud community sharing of plugin map files
– Pop-up display page navigation system with up to 24 pages per plugin
– Dedicated on/off button for Logic’s Arpeggiator
– Dedicated patch browsing buttons
– View button toggle plugin window in Logic
– Transport Mode
– Large location display readout in bars and beats
– Move play head using Data Control
– Set cycle start/end locators individually
– Set/toggle auto-punch in/out individually
– Move both cycle locators proportionately, using one encoder control
– Move both punch in/out locations proportionately, using one encoder control
– Set and navigate project markers (Panorama P4 and P6 only)
– Foot switch mapped to toggle play or record (Panorama P1 only)
– Set quantize
– Toggle Pre-count
– Set and control shuttle/scrub
– Mixer Mode
– Multi-channel mixing in banks of 8 channels at a time
– EQ: Full control of EQ plugin on selected track.
– Inserts: step through insert slots 1-15, browse, instantiate and control plugins.
– Sends: direct control of sends 1-8 on selected track. Control Level, position, bypass and set the destination.
– Smart Controls: control for up to 16 smart controls on selected track. View button to toggle smart control panel
– Instrument: browse and instantiate instrument plugins on selected track
– View button toggles Mixer panel
– Shift+View toggles plugin GUI
– Patch buttons browse channel strip settings, or plugin patch (when GUI is in focus)
– Panorama Global Controls
– Track/Bank navigation
– 100mm high-res motorized fader – controls the selected mixer channel volume (P4/P6 only)
– Mute/Solo buttons for selected track (P4/P6 only)
– Dedicated Automation mode button for selected track
– 11 Transport buttons; including click, undo, record arm, toggle automation read/latch, set/goto cycle start/end
– F-Keys button: when held, access to 11 assignable QWERTY controls which can be customized to any Logic shortcut.
– Further information: http://www.nektartech.com/Products/Panorama-Logic-Integration