LIVE NOW: Guitar.com Live’s virtual guitar show features gear releases, masterclasses and more
The virtual guitar show kicks off October 2nd, with tech panels, MusicTech’s My Forever Studio podcast Season 2 and loads more!
In the absence of live music conferences like The NAMM Show – thanks to COVID-19 – Guitar.com has stepped in with a new kind of gear event. Guitar.com Live is a free virtual guitar show, functioning as a hub for players, artists and pioneering guitar brands to connect with booths, spaces and stages. The publication’s programme features an abundance of talent, from revered artists to rising stars and industry giants to boutique gear builders across six continents. You can join the event now at guitar.com/live
Spread across three days from 2-4 October 2020, the virtual show will see Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Taylor Guitars and more premiere brand new gear. MusicTech will join in with a webinar with Neural DSP, Innovation for Guitar – Modelling, AI and more, at 12:30 PT on Saturday, and a video episode of My Forever Studio with Romesh Dodangoda on Sunday at 11:30 PT.
Carlos Santana and Joe Bonamassa and other esteemed figures will share their wisdom in over 15 workshops and masterclasses, plus over 20 interviews and panels and 15 live performances. All accessible in a futuristic 3D virtual environment. Workshops and panel shows include Pushing The Boundaries With MIDI, What’s Next In The Pedal World?, Innovation For Guitar, Perfecting Your Pedalboard, What Next For The Music and MI Industry? and much more. Check out the full programme below.
New products to be announced
Guitar.com has partnered with brands such as Taylor, Ernie Ball Music Man and Mono to unveil some exclusive launches at Guitar.com Live.
- Taylor: A new model from Taylor is said by the brand to be a “game-changer”, offering a new inspiring way to play.
- Mono: Two new products will join the Mono family, being showcased to the world for the first time at Guitar.com Live.
- Ernie Ball Music Man: Music Man’s first-ever vintage replica will grace the show. The product remains a mystery for now, but it’s said to be 41 years old with four strings and traces its roots to one of the most revered rock bands of all time
- Fender: It’s being kept tightly under wraps, but Fender will turn heads with a new range of guitars. Hear it first at the show
If you’ve been trying to perfect your guitar tone in your recordings but having some trouble, let the pros give you a hand. Paul Reed Smith, Fender Custom Shop master builder Carlos Lopez and Heritage Guitar’s master builder Pete Farmer will share their secrets in a series of sessions. This includes:
- A Guitar Building Masterclass With Paul Reed Smith: The legendary luthier will dish out the secrets of builders and techs
- Perfecting Guitar Tone in the Studio with Rhett Shull and Tim Pierce: Tim Pierce, session guitarist for the likes of Michael Jackson and Phil Collins, teams up with YouTube guitar star Rhett Shull to show you how to nail that guitar tone.
- 225 Parsons Street Factory Tour: Pete Farmer will take you on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the iconic factory that has been building guitars for over a century
Win a studio’s worth of prizes
With all this gear on show, you can’t be expected to just sit and stare in envy – Guitar.com Live will give you the chance to win new gear for your studio. The competitions and giveaways will be held in real-time over the three-day event, with more information to be revealed soon.
Join the show now at guitar.com/live
[Editor’s note: Guitar.com is owned by BandLab Technologies, which also owns MusicTech]
For more music tech news click here.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe