DMG Audio debuts Multiplicity mastering plug-in
Multiband compression, expansion, gating and dynamic EQ in a sleek interface.
DMG Audio has launched Multiplicity, a dynamic processor plug-in that’s designed for precise multiband mastering.
With options like compression, expansion, gating and dynamic EQ, you’ll be able to patch up and enhance signals with extensive controls. Here’s a closer look:
Multiplicity is, first and foremost, a multiband processor that splits the audio spectrum into frequency ranges for dynamic processing. You can each create up to eight bands that can operate independently or grouped together in a multiband crossover.
The plug-in also features dual-stage dynamic handling and dual-time release. The former helps to isolate transients from dynamics, while the latter eliminates the “pumping” effect often caused by a high amount of compression.
Here are some quick specs to take note of:
- Ratios above and below threshold with independent floor and ceiling
- Full MS/LR linkage and targeting for sidechain and processing
- Global and per-band gain staging
- Per-band dry gain for parallel processing
- Per-band dual-stage release with configurable RMS detection and crest factor
- Per-band adjustable lookahead
- Per-band adjustable dynamics character
- External sidechain input
- Configurable oversampling for realtime and render
- Three-band sidechain EQ per band
- ITU-1770 based autogain, allowing you to work at a fixed perceptual level
- Spectrum analyser for crossover configuration
- Per-band dynamics graph
- Per-band sidechain EQ graph
- Per-band metering of sidechain PPM and GR
- Per-parameter linking, locking and MIDI Learn functionality
- Instance and per-band presets
- Freely-resizable UI
- Mac Retina support
- Full undo/redo support
- Eight A/B banks
- Configurable zoomable PPM and GR meters
Check out a quick introduction to Multiplicity below:
Available on PC and Mac in VST/AU/AAX formats. On promotion at £157.50 (RRP £175). More info at dmgaudio.com.