Arturia bundles up 15 effects plug-ins in its FX Collection
The collection is based on Arturia’s ‘You’ll Actually Use’ series
Arturia brings together reverbs, delays, preamps, filters and compressors in its FX Collection, which takes the same form as the successful V Collection. 15 plug-ins are included, many of which are emulations of classic analogue studio gear.
The company says that “each plug-in is feature-packed, and has unique tonal properties that will make them your go-to choice in the studio”. The effects are designed with circuit-accurate modelling, using True Analog Emulation (TAE) and Physical Modeling technology (Phi).
Each plug-in also has advanced functions, including look-ahead tracking, envelope followers, sidechain abilities and pre/post EQ. A library of presets offer settings based on the engineers and studios that used the original hardware effects. In-app tutorials help get you up to speed, with step-by-step guides to teach you the plug-ins as you use them.
Three reverbs are included in the collection:
- Rev PLATE-140, a reverb based on EMT’s titanic plate reverb, ideal for vocal performances.
- Rev SPRiNG-636, featuring a “vibrant spring and crunchy germanium preamp”, Arturia says.
- Rev INTENSITYis an algorithmic reverb with endless modulation possibilities.
Three delay units offer classic sounds and a modern twist:
- Delay TAPE-201 is a tape saturated analogue echo, offering organic time-based effects
- Delay MEMORY BRIGADE is based on a classic BBD (bucket-brigade device), providing a lo-fi tone.
- Delay ETERNITY is an Arturia original delay that provides
Three preamps offer the input-stage sound of some of the world’s best consoles and studio outboard gear.
- Pre 1973 offers the vintage sound of the British Neve 1073, an iconic preamp.
- Pre TridA is based on one of the rarest and exclusive preamps from Trident Studio’s A Range console.
- Pre V76 models the classic Telefunken tube, a sound that defined 60s pop music.
Three compressors are bundled in to offer dynamic control and vintage tones.
- Comp VCA-65 is Arturia’s reimagination of DBX’s classic 1658, ideal for rhythm section compression.
- Comp FET-76 is based on the most iconic studio compressor of all time, the UREI 1176, famed for its fast attack and versatility
- Comp TUBE-STA is a recreation of the tube-powered Gates STA-Level broadcast compressor, a secret weapon for bass and vocals.
Finally, three synth filters let you shape your sound with vast tonal control.
- Filter MINI is a plug-in recreation of the classic Moog low-pass ladder filter, modernised for today’s producer.
- Filter M12 is based on the legendary Oberheim Matrix-12 filter, reworked for extra creativity in your DAW.
- Filter SEM brings Tom Oberheim’s classic filter to the digital realm as a cutting edge plug-in.
Arturia’s FX Collection is available now for an introductory price of $/€299, moving to $/€399 after 4 March 2020. Find out more at arturia.com
For more news in music technology click here.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe