Novation Unleash the SL MkIII
Now this is quite something – Today, Novation have revealed the SL MkIII, an all-in-one keyboard controller that fuses MIDI control with an in-built eight-track polyphonic sequencer. Designed for numerous workflow types. Novation states that the SL MkIII has been crafted with the multiple ways that people like to write, produce and perform electronic music […]
Now this is quite something – Today, Novation have revealed the SL MkIII, an all-in-one keyboard controller that fuses MIDI control with an in-built eight-track polyphonic sequencer.
Designed for numerous workflow types. Novation states that the SL MkIII has been crafted with the multiple ways that people like to write, produce and perform electronic music in-mind.
Built around the powerful sequencer platform that was originally built for the Novation Circuit, the SL MkIII is designed to be an all-in-one central hub of your music-production life, integrating with software DAWs and plug-ins as well as hardware synths, beat-makers and modular equipment.
The 49-note version retails at £539.99 while the larger 61-note version retails at £629.99. Read on for more info…
Novation SL MKIII – Official Info:
Novation today announces the next generation of SL keyboard controllers. SL MkIII is far from your typical keyboard controller. It’s an all sequencing, all dancing hub for all of your music-making tools. A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not.
Create quickly and easily with your MIDI hardware and CV/Gate synths. Build your tracks in the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything in time; everything in key; every control at your fingertips.
Novation worked with Ableton® to create an unprecedented integration with Live™. SL MkIII truly pulls your sessions out of the box. The full colour LCD screens give you full visibility of your parameters, while the pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs get you hands-on with your music – and in any major music software, using InControl. Deep integrations with Logic® and Reason – plus HUI compatibility with Cubase, Pro Tools® and Reason – mean SL MkIII can follow you away from Ableton®, too.
SL MkIII boasts Novation’s finest, most playable and expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action and Novation’s highest scan rate, all tuned to the needs of the experienced player.
Novation SL MKIII Key Features
- Absolute hardware control, taking total control directly from the internal eight-track polyphonic pattern-based sequencer
- Easy integration with Ableton® Live™ or any other HUI-compatible DAW. Controlling software is made easy by recording productions from a studio centrepiece
- Whether in the box or outside the box, the MIDI and analogue clock and transport controls keep everything running in time
- Highly customisable mappings for hardware and software easily control everything
- USB; MIDI In, Out, Out 2/Thru; three pedal inputs; Analogue Clock Out; and two CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs can be used to route anything anywhere
- SL MkIII’s pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs take control of all major music software using InControl
- The SL MkIII has an exceptionally high scan rate of 10kHz, giving the keyboard a huge dynamic range for expressive keyboard performance
- SL MkIII’s velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions: they can be used for launching clips, as steps in the sequencer, they are perfect for the finger drummer, and have polyphonic aftertouch
- Components allows templates and sessions to be backed up and restored in the cloud, enabling access from anywhere in the world. All content can also be saved locally
For more info check out Novation’s website
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe