Musikmesse 2015: Avid Announce S6L
Avid have released details of their gorgeous new Venue S6L Live Sound mixing system. Read on for more info… Press Release Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced the flagship Avid VENUE | S6L live sound mixing system, featuring a modern, intuitive touch-based interface that enables audio professionals to easily handle the largest, most complex tours and events. Thanks […]
Avid have released details of their gorgeous new Venue S6L Live Sound mixing system. Read on for more info…
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced the flagship Avid VENUE | S6L live sound mixing system, featuring a modern, intuitive touch-based interface that enables audio professionals to easily handle the largest, most complex tours and events. Thanks to tight integration with industry-standard Pro Tools®, Avid VENUE | S6L functions as the perfect front-end to the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, the most fluid end-to-end media management and distribution platform in the industry.
“In the ten years since we first introduced the VENUE live sound mixing system, Avid has continued to be on the forefront of live sound innovation, and now we are setting an even higher benchmark with VENUE |S6L,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology, Avid. “With VENUE | S6L, Avid is poised to lead the market forward again with unprecedented processing power and innovative technologies that enable customers to take on the most challenging tours and events with ease.”
VENUE | S6L is a fully modular, scalable live sound mixing system that delivers best-in-class functionality for a range of live sound mixing applications, including front-of-house, monitor, broadcast, theater, and more. Featuring VENUE | E6L, the industry’s most advanced live sound engine, VENUE | S6L offers unprecedented power to handle huge channel and plug-in counts at the lowest possible latency. VENUE | S6L ensures the highest sound quality, with all processing at 96 Hz, and support for higher sample rates is possible given the immense processing power available.
VENUE | S6L enables professionals to achieve better sounding mixes with greater speed and efficiency, thanks to the S6L console’s modern touchscreen workflows, superior ergonomics, and unmatched visual feedback that provides immediate, intelligent control. S6L offers even greater onboard plug-in processing than previously available, providing engineers with same sound processors used in countless studios, fully integrated to deliver responsive control. Seamless Pro Tools integration provides streamlined recording and playback functionality without the need for a separate audio interface. Furthermore, VENUE | S6L is a networked system and can be completely customized to meet the needs and budget of essentially any professional production.
VENUE | S6L is powered by the same easy-to-use VENUE software as other Avid live sound systems, and allows live sound professionals to:
- Meet the challenges of the most demanding live sound productions with the most powerful processing engine in the industry
- Deliver the best possible sound quality with high-performance preamps and extended sample rate support
- Experience unmatched sound processing through fully integrated, onboard plug-ins from Avid and its connectivity partners
- Get unprecedented Pro Tools recording and playback capabilities, including Virtual Soundcheck, without needing an external interface
- Share I/O across multiple networked systems with Avid True Gain™ advanced gain tracking technology
- Get unmatched visual feedback and instant access to important functions through high-resolution, daylight-visible touchscreens and OLED displays
- Freely configure modular system components and I/O to meet the demands of any live production
- Interface with a range of network and I/O formats, including Ethernet AVB*, Dante*, MADI*, Thunderbolt*, and more
- Enjoy familiar VENUE workflows, and interface with total show file compatibility
VENUE | S6L System components and configurations
A complete VENUE | S6L System includes the following control surface, engine, and I/O components:
- VENUE | S6L control surface—Available in three configurations:
- o S6L-32D: 32 + 2 faders, 96 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen, 3 integrated Channel Touch Modules
- o S6L-24D: 24 + 2 faders, 64 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen, 2 integrated Channel Touch Modules
- o S6L-24: 24 + 2 faders, 64 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen
- VENUE | E6L engine—Available in two configurations:
- o E6L-192: 192 processing channels, 96 mix busses + LCR
- o E6L-144: 144 processing channels, 64 mix busses + LCR
- Stage 64 I/O rack—Customers can use multiple Stage 64 racks with VENUE | S6L to meet their I/O needs, with a choice of analog, digital, and networking options.
* Option cards are available as separate purchases and not included with core systems.
Avid VENUE | S6L can be ordered now, and units will be shipping to customers in Q3 2015.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe