MusicTech Magazine: Issue 180 – The Future Of Music
Now settled into 2018 we look ahead to the future of music. With NAMM 2018 behind us we had a chance to ponder on the many new and exciting pieces of tech we saw and their impact on music creation. In this issue, we bring you our annual show report, containing info on all the […]
Now settled into 2018 we look ahead to the future of music. With NAMM 2018 behind us we had a chance to ponder on the many new and exciting pieces of tech we saw and their impact on music creation. In this issue, we bring you our annual show report, containing info on all the latest tech that you can expect to get your hands on in 2018. In keeping with the ‘future’ theme, our lead interview highlights the work of the legendary technological pioneers at the Bell Labs and their collaboration with artist Beatie Wolfe. Their augmented reality, 3D work Raw Space reimagines the album as a multi-sensory, immersive experience. We also speak to Aki Mäkivirta from Genelec about the advanced tech at the heart of the award-winning The Ones monitors. Elsewhere this issue, we have a guide to taking your mixes to the stage, our usual tips and tutorials and an expanded reviews section. We hope you enjoy the issue…
MusicTech Issue 180 includes:
- The Future of Music – The lowdown on the essential gear and industry news from the greatest music-making show on Earth
- Interviews – We get the inside story on singer-songwriter Beatie Wolfe’s collaboration with Nokia’s Bell Labs on an augmented-reality showcase and chat with Genelec’s R&D director Aki Mäkivirta to talk The Ones and the future of sound technology.
- Tutorials – Part five of Erin Barra’s Contemporary Production series sees her looking at strategies for taking your productions to the stage, Mark Cousins gets to grips with step-sequencing using the Retro Synth and other tools and Martin Delaney explains the various new workflow improvements in Ableton’s newly updated DAW.
- Reviews – We review the Arturia V Collection 6, Audio-Technica AT5047, PreSonus StudioLive 16 Series III, Soundcraft Ui24R, Wave Alchemy Evolution, Eve Audio SC203 and many more…
- The Essential Guide – We conclude our essential guide to iOS music production so you’re fully equipped to explore the mobile world.
- DVD – 4GB of loops, samples and videos including live jazz samples, tropical pop and house kits and 100 analogue synth loops.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe