MusicTech Magazine Issue 190: Gear Of The Year 2018
As another year sails off into the horizon, it’s time for us to take stock of the plethora of tech, gear, software, hardware and everything in-between that has landed on our doormat this year. Yep, you guessed it – the time is upon us once more to decide who receives our annual Gear Of The […]
As another year sails off into the horizon, it’s time for us to take stock of the plethora of tech, gear, software, hardware and everything in-between that has landed on our doormat this year.
Yep, you guessed it – the time is upon us once more to decide who receives our annual Gear Of The Year Awards. This year, we’ve once again enabled readers to vote for their favourite gear online, and, combined with our editorial deliberations, we have selected the ultimate winners for each category as well as those Highly Commended runners-up.
Elsewhere, our pages are packed with tutorials, reviews of the latest hardware and software (some of which may make it into next year’s Gear Of The Year) and much, much more. I hope you enjoy the issue.
MusicTech 190 includes:
- Gear Of The Year 2018 – The best hardware, software and music-production kit of 2018 – voted for by you!
- Sonic Parallels – How the world of video games has influenced the design of music-making software and hardware
- Interviews – We speak to multifaceted songwriter and artist Heather Bright and composer extraordinaire Michael Price, as well as catch up with the iconic Goldie as he prepares to launch his first record as part of a new duo with producer and engineer James Davidson: Subjective
- Tutorials – Mark Cousins creates analogue-synth-style pads using Logic’s Alchemy; Martin Delaney shows you ways to replicate your live setup in Live 10; Adam Crute dives deeper into Cubase’s powerful Drum Racks; Mike Hillier explains the art of creating a pro-level podcast recording; Andy Jones shows you how to make the most of Reason 10 ’s granular synth; and more
- Reviews – We review the new Studio Electronics Boomstar MKII, ROLI Blocks Kits, Akai Professional Fire, Spitfire Audio Eric Whitacre Choir, Loopmasters Loopcloud 3.0, and more
- DVD – 4GB of videos, workshop, plug-ins and samples including Equinox Sounds Vocal Deep House Kits, Loopmasters Taster Pack, The Abbey Road Reverb Trick and LVC-Audio Toned-MAX (demo)
Buy online from the Anthem Store Here
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe