MusicTech Magazine: Issue 181 – How To Get Classic Studio Sounds
Emulating the artists that inspired us in our many music-making ventures is as much about rekindling those feelings as it is knowing how the sounds were created. In our cover feature this month we show you how to get impossibly close to the sonic signatures left by your musical heroes. Continuing the theme we present […]
Emulating the artists that inspired us in our many music-making ventures is as much about rekindling those feelings as it is knowing how the sounds were created. In our cover feature this month we show you how to get impossibly close to the sonic signatures left by your musical heroes. Continuing the theme we present our newest feature ‘Recording Spotlight,’ where we speak to Peter Franco, engineer on Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories, and gain insight into the complex, painstaking work that went into creating this modern classic. Additionally, we sit down with dance-music producer Stefano Ritteri and rising UK production star Rhiannon Mair, get into the meat of Cubase 9.5 and get hands-on with all the latest gear, tech and software. We hope you enjoy the issue…
MusicTech Issue 181 includes:
- How To Get Classic Studio Sounds – Top producer Marc JB picks all the software emulations of classic hardware you’ll ever need to recreate iconic studio sounds.
- Interviews – We talk originality and the future of music production with dance-music producer, label boss and educator Stefano Ritteri and catch up with Rhiannon Mair, the rising star of the UK production scene who offers her career advice and tips for success in the studio.
- Tutorials – Martin Delaney shows us how to get creative with Push in Ableton Live, Alex Holmes modulates with Logic’s new Step FX and Adam Crute dives deep into Cubase 9.5 to explore the workflow and editing improvements.
- Reviews – We review Ableton Live 10, Focusrite’s Clarett 2 and 8 Pre USB, Steinberg Cubase 9.5, Erica Synths acidbox III and many more…
- Recording Spotlight – MusicTech goes behind the scenes for the inside story of the making of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories, 2013’s biggest electronic album.
- Essential Guide – Our essential guide looks to the bewildering world of plug-ins for production, mixing and mastering – plus our Buyer’s Guide to the best examples available.
- DVD – 4GB of loops, samples and videos including ambient atmospheres, melodic techno, soul keys and Producer’s Guide to Ozone 2 and Neutron 8.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe