Lewitt LCT450 & MTP740CM Unveiled
Lewitt have unveiled two new microphone designs, the LCT450 & the MTP740CM aimed at both studio and performance use. Read on for more info… Press Release Lewitt LCT450 and MTP740CM Studio/Performance microphones. Austrian microphone designers Lewitt have introduced two new designs to their impressive portfolio of studio and performance microphones. Lewitt LCT450 – The gateway to the […]
Lewitt have unveiled two new microphone designs, the LCT450 & the MTP740CM aimed at both studio and performance use. Read on for more info…
Lewitt LCT450 and MTP740CM Studio/Performance microphones.
Austrian microphone designers Lewitt have introduced two new designs to their impressive portfolio of studio and performance microphones.
Lewitt LCT450 – The gateway to the world of large-diaphragm condenser microphones
The LCT450 (£419 rrp) is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone that utilises a cardiod polar pattern for effective rear sound rejection with 135 dB dynamic range and just 8 dB of self-noise.
Ideal for either studio or live work (such as a compact onstage overhead) the LCT450’s unique design gives a natural, authentic sound with first-class transient response due to its ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, 1-inch diaphragm.
Featuring two-step switchable pre-attenuation and two-position low-cut help to reduce unwanted low-frequency noise like wind, footsteps or the like, the LCT450 is the ideal microphone for anyone who requires an high performance large-membrane condenser mic at realistic, down to earth pricing.
MTP 740 CM Features
• LEWITT’s gateway to the world of large diaphragm condenser microphones – at an affordable price
• 1-inch true condenser capsule in a small housing
• Natural authentic sound with first-class transient response
• 3 micron thin gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm
• A perfect choice for vocals, overheads and acoustic instruments
• Cardioid polar pattern for effective rear sound rejection
• 9 dB (A) self noise
• 129 dB dynamic range
• SPL max of 138 dB (A)
• Immune to electromagnetic interference thanks to transformerless preamplifier circuitry
• Illuminated user interface for quick and easy handling in dark environments
• Noiseless pushbuttons for attenuation and low-cut selection
• Automatic Attenuation and Clipping History mode
• Rugged zinc die cast body
• Internal shock mount for maximum reduction of structure borne noise
• Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
Lewitt MTP 740 CM – Handheld performance microphone with 1-inch studio condenser capsule
Meanwhile, if you are looking for a live microphone that nevertheless accurately captures a true studio sound, the Lewitt MTP 740 CM (£419 rrp) uses the same large-diaphragm condenser capsule as their flagship MTP 940 CM.
As a standard vocal performance microphone it features a cardioid polar pattern which ensures effective rear sound rejection both onstage and in the studio, whilst thanks to advanced suspension technology (capsule and electronics are fully rubber-cushioned) the MTP 740 CM is shock-resistant and offers a highly effective structure-born noise elimination. With its two step pre-attenuation and the switchable low-cut setting the MTP 740 CM can be adjusted to various vocal requirements and recording situations.
The MTP 740 CM has everything on board for the most demanding live and studio vocal performances and recordings. Pure large-diaphragm studio condenser sound and on-stage feeling for authentic vocal studio recordings.
MTP 740 CM Features
• Uncompromising large-diaphragm studio condenser sound for stage performances
• 3 micron thin gold layered Mylar diaphragm
• Cardioid polar pattern for clean live sound and effective rear rejection
• Integrated acoustic pop and windshield for excellent protection without compromising high-frequency clarity
• Highly shock-resistant and effective structure-born noise elimination thanks to advanced suspension technology
• Rock-solid, full-metal die-cast body for rough daily touring routines
• Hardened spring steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse
• Superior dynamic range of 140 dB (A), exceptionally low self-noise of 15 dB (A)
• SPL max of 165 dB (A) for 0,5 % THD
• 2-step attenuation, 2-position low-cut
• Illuminated setting indication for quick and easy handling in dark environments
• Recessed slide switches prevent unintended changes to settings