Ableton Live 10 Is Out Now! Check Out The New Features
Ableton Live 10 is finally available. After what seems like an eternity since running our beta preview, we can finally get our hands on the finished article… Some of the new features in Live 10 include: New instruments and effects Wavetable is Ableton’s latest synth—immediately playable with a vast sonic palette. Echo produces delay sounds […]
Ableton Live 10 is finally available. After what seems like an eternity since running our beta preview, we can finally get our hands on the finished article…
Some of the new features in Live 10 include:
New instruments and effects
- Wavetable is Ableton’s latest synth—immediately playable with a vast sonic palette.
- Echo produces delay sounds from classic textures to soundscapes, wailing feedback and experimental atmospheres.
- Drum Buss is a one-stop workstation for drums, capable of adding subtle character or completely bending and breaking drums.
- Pedal brings the character of analog stomp boxes to Live with separate circuit-level models ofoverdrive, distortion and fuzz guitar pedals.
- Capture recalls an idea after it has been played and turns it into a MIDI clip with groove and feel intact.
- Multiple MIDI clip editing allows users to see the content of two or more clips in one detail view.
- Groups within groups allow for greater flexibility when mixing and improves Set organization even with lots of tracks and a detailed arrangement.
- A multitude of refinements including improvements to Arrangement View workflows, Browser Collections, I/O renaming, note chasing, and much more.
New library of sound
- Curated Collections capture the musical threads that tie together evolving styles and scenes
- Four all-new Essential Instruments include synths, and multi-sampled electric keys and drums
- Live 10’s Core Library gets a sonic upgrade with richer, more detailed sounds
Improvements to Push
- A new step sequencing layout allows simultaneous note sequencing and real time playing.
- MIDI note view allows navigation and refinement of the notes in a pattern in context directly on the Push display.
- Richer visualization with more feedback of key Live devices including Wavetable, Echo, EQ Eight and Compressor
- Workflow improvements to layouts, building and extending patterns, track arming and more
Max for Live
- Deeper integration with Live 10 Suite means devices now load faster, use less CPU and feel more like Live’s native devices.
- Sonically upgraded Drum Synths, improved modulation and mapping Devices and more
- Multi-channel audio routing means mixing using multi-channel speaker setups is now possible
- Max for Live devices can send and receive SysEx, allowing deeper access to external gear
Pricing and Availability:
Ableton Live 10 is available from Ableton.com and local retailers worldwide in a variety of formats, both downloadable and boxed:
- Live Intro – €79/$99/£69
- Live Standard – €349/$449/£319
- Live Suite – €599/$749/£539
- Live Intro – €99/$99/£89
- Live Standard – €399/$499/£359
- Live Suite – €649/$799/£579
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe