Sound like Brian May of Queen with IK Multimedia’s new AmpliTube Collection
Designed in collaboration with the guitar hero himself.
IK Multimedia has released an AmpliTube collection that promises to unlock the iconic guitar tones of Queen’s Brian May.
Available as an app and a DAW plug-in, AmpliTube Brian May features emulations of the guitars, amplifiers, cabinets and effects pedals used by the legendary Queen guitarist – all of which have been designed in collaboration with May himself. The collection is powered by IK’s Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology, which the brand claims to provide “ultra-realistic sound”.
The pack features two amplifiers, three cabinets and six stompboxes. These include a Vox AC30, treble booster and wah pedals, as well as May’s legendary Red Special guitar, which is modelled as an effect. There’s also a selection of presets that are based on Queen’s discography – so you can dial up the guitar tone of the Under Pressure riff instantly.
Here are the details:
- BM 30: This amp is based on May’s triple Vox AC30 setup, which chains together three amps in a wet-dry-wet configuration.
- BM DK: A model of the pint-sized ‘Deacy’ amp.
- 2×12 BM 30 Blue: A triple cab, with Celestion Alnico Blue speakers, that’s based on that of the above-mentioned AC30.
- 2×12 BM 30 H70: Similar to the Blue, but with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers.
- 1×6 BM DK: A six-inch speaker for the BM DK.
- The Red Special: This effect gives you the tone and controls of May’s signature guitar.
- Treble Booster: Based on the KAT Treble Booster, this boosts your tone before it reaches the amp.
- May Wah: Modelled on the rackmount Dunlop Cry Baby wah that May favours.
- FOX Phaser: An emulation of the fOXX Foot Phaser.
- Star Gate: A noise gate to clean up the signal chain.
The AmpliTube Brian May is available for $/€99.99 (app) and $19.99 (iOS). More info here.