Exponential Audio reveal the R4 reverb
Exponential Audio has unveiled R4, a character reverb loaded with a host of new and modern features that hopes to set a new standard … Here’s what Exponential had to say about it. “Every generation of engineers and producers has iconic pieces of studio equipment; they act like markers along the path of recording history. Many […]
Exponential Audio has unveiled R4, a character reverb loaded with a host of new and modern features that hopes to set a new standard…
Here’s what Exponential had to say about it.
“Every generation of engineers and producers has iconic pieces of studio equipment; they act like markers along the path of recording history. Many top engineers will talk about reverbs in the same way, they will speak of the first time they heard some of the classic hardware reverb units which have created a dynasty over the past few decades. Some of these units have Michael Carnes’ fingerprints on them, and his new creation R4 is the next reverb in this royal lineage. R4 offers all the class of historic hardware reverb units but with many new features only possible with modern plug-in development technology. R4 is pure class and for this reason, is destined to become a classic. NIMBUS set a new standard for transparent reverb with unprecedented flexibility. R4 is about to do the same for character reverb. R4 will transform your mix by adding movement and fatness to the reverb tail.
R4 will cost €289/$299 and will be shipping on 10th March. A special price will be available for existing Exponential Audio customers. For more information head to the Exponential Audio site here.
- A character reverb that outdoes all the classics
- Powerful EQ
- 6 selectable types of filter for input, early reflection, and reverb tail.
- Early and tail EQ can be dynamically modulated. Whether a subtle pulsation or a sweeping notch, modulated EQ is a powerful new weapon in the producer’s toolkit.
- R4 retains the Chorused Hall of earlier Exponential Audio plugins. And it adds a second Hall with density modulation that adds motion to the tail without adding pitch change. Of course, you can add pitch modulation on top if you want it!
- These halls are the perfect solution for sparse or sterile mixes and solos.
- There’s also a Plate and Chamber; updated from R2.
- Warp section with compressor/expander and overdrive
- Pre-delay and reverb delay now adjustable by tempo
- Tail suppression circuit for more dynamic response
- Gated reverb effects
Over 1200 presets
- Helpful tool-tips to guide new users.
Get the latest news, reviews and tutorials to your inbox.Subscribe